Thursday, April 28, 2011

Seeing the light

We are finally seeing the light with all the struggles we have had with our seven year old daughter "Claudia".  For the past 7 years she has had a tough time with so many things.  She could not focus, did not understand what you were asking her to do, would often scream and most times would say "my tummy is making me do it".  We never understood what that meant, we thought her tummy hurt because she was feeling nervous.  When we started to see a lot of sensory issues such as not wanting to wear certain clothing and then screaming that her hands felt sticky we knew something else was up.  We assumed she had Sensory Processing Disorder after working with an Occupational Therapist.  We started to see a chiropractor to help with her nervous system and it did make her feel better for a while, but when we had to stop seeing her because it just did not work into our budget anymore she completely fell apart.  Over the past 6 months Claudia started to go down hill FAST.  Mentally she was really struggling and I knew that something neurologically was not right.  At times I wanted to check her into a hospital or myself into a  mental ward.  It was very hard on the family to listen to her screaming ALL the time. No one wanted to watch her or take her places because it was just too hard.  It completely broke my heart.  Well, I finally had an answer to prayer and met Dr. Flynn in Green Bay who knew exactly what was going on and while we waited for the test results to come back he put her on 4 supplements and we changed her diet.  We have seen huge improvement and she is actually able to sit down and read with me.  Yesterday afternoon we got the test results back and poor Claudia has very nasty infections all throughout her intestines, and we don't know how long they have been there.  She is very inflamed and her body is not absorbing any nutrients - the bugs in her tummy are getting it all.  Her immune system is compromised and her ph balance is very low.  I am so thankful to have some answers and am thrilled to be getting some meds to start the healing process.  We are praying that God will provide the resources needed to continue getting her the help she needs as this all came together at a time when we have no health insurance.  You do what you have to do for your little ones though.  I am planning to take on more sessions so that I can help cover medical expenses as I know it will be worth it in the end.  I am so thankful for her smiling face and am thrilled by how often I am hearing "I love you mommy" these days.  I can't wait for my little girl to feel like a happy little girl!!!

No comments: